Friday, August 1, 2008

Thoughts From The Car

There's something that I haven't seen a lot of on the road. Malls. Must be the fact that Ventura County is mostly farms and farmers aren't adverse to going to the mall.

Highway 101 is supposed to be this scenic route, but so far, I've only seen buildings and cars and some houses. I'd tell you that it's an incorrect statement (about it being scenic), but really, I think that the fog has something to do with it. So, I guess there's stuff to look at, but since there's too much fog, I'll have to buy some postcards to know what it looks like.

And here's something else. We're driving the 101 and right in front of us is . . . . the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's bus. Like, one with prisoners on it. I think we should be cautious in case something happens to the bus and suddenly we have a situation like "The Fugitive". I hope Harrison Ford isn't on that bus with Tommy Lee Jones getting ready to chase him.

And what do you know? Oh my gosh! Is that really water? That there, on the other side of the highway? There's even more fog now that we're on the coast that it's hard to tell if the water's there or not. If I didn't know that there was an ocean close by, it would be hard to believe. But again, I can always pick up more postcards to know exactly what it looks like.