Saturday, August 2, 2008

Storming the Castle


A standard attack does not seem likely. I might need a new plan. The above picture is taken at a maximum zoom on the camera. From where we were, it was five miles away from Hearst Castle. No wonder William Randolph Hearst built way up there - he didn't want to be attacked by the locals.



Our first stop on the tour was this pool. Joanna was quite tempted to jump in (it was rather warm up on the hill), but I managed to persuade her against it, only because I wanted to finish the tour before being kicked out or arrested, so we continued moving.



Well, after walking a bit, we finally made it to the actual house - La Casa Grande. There are 3 guest houses, each of them bigger than the previous. One that is 2500 square feet. The second is 3500 square feet and the third that is 5300 square feet. That's nothing in comparison to the main house - 75,000 square feet, which included 38 bedrooms and 42 bathrooms. 19 sitting areas and one grand dining room.